Can you believe it? This will be our 20th Annual Family Reunion! It was 1984 that we had our first modern-day
bash at the Freeman residence. Since then, we've floated around to several locations. Remember the Copley VFW? And who could
forget the great parties we had at the Akron Yacht Club!
For the last couple of years, we've found a new home at the gorgeous Wingfoot Lake Park, an expansive private
Goodyear facility for employees and retirees. If you've been there, you already know it has a miniature golf course, pontoon
boat rides, paddle boats and courts for all kinds of summer games.
As always, the reunion is the second Saturday in August -- in this case, Aug. 14, 2004.
You don't want to miss this one, because there is a VERY SPECIAL anniversary gift for each family that attends. And that's
all we're gonna say about that!
Don't forget to prepare for the following:
- The Cook-Off. Yup, it's back ladies. Get those aprons out.
- The Bake-Off. We wouldn't get through the crazy afternoon without our sugar pick-up, so start rifling through
those recipes men!
- The Family Horseshoe Tournament. Who will pry the rotating trophy from the hands of last year's champs?
- The Annual Raffle. Good things come in twenties! Wait till you see this year's special anniversary raffle
- The Blind Auction. One of the two fundraisers that help us put on the shindig, so don't forget to bring a
nice wrapped gift to contribute.
And here's another little checklist you're gonna want to look over before you pile the family in the car and
head for Wingfoot...
- Bring lawn chairs if you want to relax under the big shady trees.
Bring your own plates, utensils and napkins. We'll share the food on the potluck table!
We'll have soda on hand, but you can bring your own beer if you're discreet (says park management.)
Bring a camera and capture those memories.
Wear comfortable shoes. The park is huge!
Bring a blind auction gift.
Bring your Bake-Off or Cook-Off entry in a way that you can keep it cool (if necessary) until we need it.
We don't have access to a fridge at this park.
Bring sunblock and skeeter repellant, just in case!
So we'll see ya on the 14th! The maps below will help you find your way. And if you haven't been to a reunion
in awhile, or at all, and need a little more info, then write me (Paula Schleis) for more information!